The Hurricanes practice Monday through Friday at the Rattan Creek Community neighborhood pool. The single most important rule of swim team practice is BEING THERE. Being there and being on time, every day, is how your swimmer learns self-discipline and how to be a responsible, contributing member of the team. Please do your part to ensure your swimmer takes practice
**ALL SWIMMERS- Please write your child's name in Sharpie on one of their upper arms. This will help the coaches identify each child.
**Please pay careful attention to the following because it is different than previous years.
Swimmers Divided into Groups
Group #1- All Swimmers ages 7 & Under
Group #2- 8 y/o Boys, and 8/9 y/o Girls
Group #3- 9/10 y/o Boys, and 10 y/o Girls
Group #4- 11/12 y/o Boys, 11 y/o Girls
Group #5- 12 y/o Girls, All Swimmers 13 & Over
ALL Swimmers MUST practice with their GROUP, NO EXCEPTIONS. (this will allow contact tracing in the event of covid-19 exposure)
PRACTICE begins Monday, April 26, 2019 at Rattan Creek Pool, Monday - Friday.
April 26- May 28th, the schedule is as follows.
- 5:15 pm – 5:45 pm – Group #1 - All Swimmers ages 7 & under
- 5:45 pm – 6:30 pm – Group #2 - 8 y/o Boys, and 8/9 y/o Girls
- 6:30 pm – 7:15 pm – Group #3- 9/10 y/o Boys, and 10 y/o Girls
- 7:15 pm – 8:00 pm – Group #4- 11/12 y/o Boys, 11 y/o Girls
- 8:00 pm – 8:45 pm – Group #5 12 y/o Girls, All Swimmers 13 & Over
JUNE/JULY Morning Practice Schedule- Tue
- 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. – Group #5
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:45 a.m. – Group #4
- 8:45 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. – Group #1
- 9:15 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. – Group #2
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. – Group #3
It may seem confusing, but due to Covid, we have decided to switch to this group system.
This Group method is being used to even out the number of swimmers during each practice time to allow for less kids per lane.
Also, in the event of Covid-19 exposure, we know exactly which kids were swimming together. For this reason, swimmers MUST swim
No parents, friends, non-swim team siblings of swimmers will be allowed on the pool deck during practices. This rule will be strictly enforced. Coaches or board members will ask you to leave the deck if this policy is violated. There are NO exceptions.