Tentative Covid-19 Plan
Tentative Hurricane Swim Team Covid Plan
- Bathrooms will only be used in emergencies. No changing before or after practice, come prepared to swim.
- Coaches will clean bathrooms between swimmers
- Masks will be mandatory on deck for both coaches and swimmers.
- Parents will not be allowed in the pool gate area. Drop off will be at the front gate and kids will be picked up at the bottom gate by the pavilion. Feel free to watch your swimmer from the grass area on the outside of the gate.
- No coaches will be in the water during any age group practice. Swimmers MUST be able to swim the length of the pool (25m), independently on the first day of practice.
- We will have “virtual” meets only (only our swimmers will swim in our pool, the opposing team in their own home pool, and we each upload our race times)
- Tents will be spread out and we will have additional age group tents set out as needed for social distancing.
- Masks will be mandatory for all volunteers, parents and spectators, in tents, on deck and for coaches at all times.
- Masks will be mandatory for swimmers while in the tent.
- Swimmers will enter the large back gate and exit through the front gate.
- Spectators will enter through the bottom gate, and exit through the top gate.
- Spectators may watch their swimmer in the designated areas and leave as soon as their swimmer gets out of the water while observing social distancing requirements.
- Non-essential people will not be allowed on deck.
- Warm ups will be required in increments of 50’s to make for easy mask pickup.
- Buckets & baggies labelled with names will be provided to carry masks from staging area to the finish line.
- Bathrooms will be used for bathroom purposes only, no changing will be allowed in the bathroom area, and will be cleaned between each use.
**If you do not want to wear a mask properly, feel uncomfortable wearing a mask, or have a condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, do not register this season.